At SparkNET we strongly value innovation, creativity, speed, accuracy, team work and above all a positive attitude. We offer many generous benefits and go to great lengths to provide a casual, fun and exciting work environment. Our various web properties receive millions of visitors per month and as a Linux Administrator you will be in a unique position to contribute and help us to deliver a consistent and positive user experience for them.
You will work closely with our Senior Linux/UNIX Administrator and as a member of our Admin Team and your primary responsibilities will be the security and maintenance of our internal/corporate and external/production server and network infrastructure. You will assist with the design and implementation of various systems and technologies and will receive ongoing guidance and training. You will also work closely with our Development Team to support them in delivering innovative solutions for our various web platforms.
This position requires a high level of organization and multi-tasking ability in order to effectively manage, monitor and maintain a vast number of mission-critical servers and applications. You must possess solid communication and analytical skills and have the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new challenges and changes in technology. You must be proactive in keeping systems secure and up to date as well as be able to work effectively alone or with a team in a very dynamic environment.
- Salary will vary based upon experience. Progressive growth opportunities available.
- Hours Per Week
- Full Time Salary Position. Typical work week is 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. It is occasionally necessary to work late hours or on weekends. This position requires shared on-call responsibility.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP working in a primarily command-line environment is required.
Intermediate to Advanced experience with servers/networks and related hardware/software, protocols and equipment is required.
Intermediate to Advanced experience with open-source software, programming/scripting and/or high traffic websites is strongly preferred.
2+ year degrees in a computer-related field as well as experience in Data Center and/or Internet Service Provider environments will also be considered.
4+ years of professional experience working with Linux/Unix systems and server/network infrastructure is strongly preferred but not strictly required.
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Paid Time Off (PTO), (8) Paid Holidays and more.
- Hiring Contact
- Loretta Bauer, HR Manager